Stretch your grant dollars further
Bio-Techne Grant Foundation Overview
ProteinSimple is pleased to introduce a new grant program that offers funding towards Milo™ or Wes™, our novel protein characterization platforms. For institutions who otherwise may not be able to afford to purchase a Milo or Wes, the Bio-Techne Grant Foundation may provide additional financial support. All academic or government labs qualify, but only those with a scientifically compelling need will be granted funding.
Milo-Single-Cell WesternMilo™ performs westerns on thousands of single-cells in parallel letting you profile heterogeneity in your complex samples. Have a protein target you can't measure with flow cytometry? Use conventional Western antibodies on Milo to simplify your phospho-flow or signaling studies. Milo can also provide protein validation data for your single-cell RNA-seq experiments.
Wes-Westerns just got simplerWes™ lets you separate and analyze proteins by size from 2-440 kDa. He also gets you down to pg-level sensitivity with just 3 µL of starting material. He also runs up to 25 samples in 3 hours flat and gives you quantitative, size-based data including total protein.
How do I apply?
Simply click on the Apply Now button, fill in the information and click submit.
How will I know if I receive a grant?
We will call awarded grantees to notify them that they have been chosen and to coordinate installation of the granted product.
Who chooses the grant winners?
A panel comprised of scientists from both ProteinSimple and Bio-Techne. That panel meets quarterly to review the grant applicants and to select winners if appropriate.
What is the judging criteria?
Grants are awarded based on need and scientific merit.
What is required if I am awarded a grant?
Grant award winners are required to submit non-confidential progress updates biannually for the first year after the grant is awarded.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- ProteinSimple retains the rights to grant instruments that are new or refurbished. Refurbished instruments will be sent in working condition.
- Grantee is responsible for purchasing a Training Kit.
- Instrument is provided with one-year parts and labor warranty. Grantee is responsible for maintenance of instrument.
- Grantee agrees to cite ProteinSimple in all publications where the Wes or Milo systems were used for data generation.
- Grantee agrees to serve as a reference and demo lab for any interested parties based on availability of instrument and advanced coordination.
- Grantee agrees to be a Key Opinion Leader and agrees to participate in ProteinSimple’s From Your Peers program, present a webinar or give a conference presentation sharing data within the first year after the grant is awarded.